The Marcel Chair boasts a classic, timeless style that will fit seamlessly into any venue or house. This chair is made from polypropylene reinforced with glass fibre, making it very strong and durable. The plastic is also reinforced with UV stabilisers so it will last longer outdoors, even in direct sunlight. The Marcel Chair’s perforated design allows water to drain, making it perfect for pool/water side applications. It’s extremely easy to clean, stackable and available in a range of colours including olive green. Perfect for any café, restaurant, resort or domestic alfresco or dining areas.
There is a lot to know about polypropylene to ensure you invest in a safe, reliable, and lasting product. There are two important fillers that must be applied precisely during the injection moulding process.
- Glass Fibre – creates enormous strength and lasting durability for heavy use.
- UV Stabilizer – slows the colour fade and weakening under direct sunlight.
Siesta UV stabilise both the colour and the material. This provides double the durability. Mould quality is also important to consider when purchasing mass-produced products. To master this process without flaw, Siesta invest in high quality moulds manufactured in Italy. Siesta polypropylene products have antistatic additives, they are very easy to clean making it hygienic and safe. It does not hold bacteria or fungi like other substances and can be easily disinfected and wiped.
All Siesta polypropylene products can be recycled and are marked with the recycling symbol.
Comparing Polypropylene Chairs:
Are other polypropylene products the same as Siesta’s? – Short Answer: No. It is important to understand when comparing products that other manufacturers…
- use cheap moulds from Asia – this results in low quality and poor finished products.
- only UV Stabilise the colour, not the material as well – this results in changes to the surface and a much faster colour fade.
- use a much smaller amount of Glass Fibre – this results in breakages overtime during use.
There are many cheaper methods and versions of a filler which gives a false sense of weight and durability while new. If you want your chairs to look like new and maintain their durability for many years, invest only in Siesta made products. Siesta products last 5 to 10 times longer in any indoor or outdoor application.
Tens of thousands of Siesta Marcel Chairs have been tried and proven throughout Europe and Australia. They are found in commercial venues, domestic living, and alfresco dining areas.
Designed and manufactured in Europe by world renown leader Siesta Exclusive, CATAS tested, backed with a 5-year warranty means you can purchase this product with peace of mind.
- Stackable: 4 to 6 high
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor use
- Made of UV stabilised polypropylene reinforced with glass fibre
- Dimensions: W450 x D520 x H850 Seat Height 440
- Unit Weight: 3.5kg
- SWL: 150Kg
- Supplied assembled
- Weather resistant, UV Stabilised, Glass fibre reinforced
- Made in Europe