The Sky Chair is one of Siesta’s most popular designs – and there’s more reasons apart from it’s sleek modern design! This chair is designed with maximum comfort in mind, while the perforated design allows water to drain. Perfect for relaxing by the pool in! And it can be used outdoors even in direct sunlight – that’s because the polypropylene it’s made of is UV stabilised to protect the material and colour. It’s also reinforced with glass fibre so the Sky Chair is extremely strong and durable. It’s also very easy to clean and maintain.
The Sky Chair is so popular there are copies on the market, do not be tempted to trade quality and durability for these cheaper brands! The materials are not nearly as strong or durable, and they will fade quickly, leaving you with an inferior product that looks old. Siesta’s furniture is built to last and the genuine Sky Chair will give you years of service without losing its appeal!
The Sky Chair is built for commercial use in the restaurants, resorts, cafes, pubs, clubs, and more, but it also offers great value for a dining or alfresco chair at home. This chair also pairs well with the Sky Lounge and the Sky Table range for the ultimate fuss-free outdoor setting.
There is a lot to know about polypropylene to ensure you invest in a safe, reliable, and lasting product. There are two important fillers that must be applied precisely during the injection moulding process.
- Glass Fibre – creates enormous strength and lasting durability for heavy use.
- UV Stabilizer – slows the colour fade and weakening under direct sunlight.
Siesta UV stabilise both the colour and the material. This provides double the durability. Mould quality is also important to consider when purchasing mass-produced products. To master this process without flaw, Siesta invest in high quality moulds manufactured in Italy. Siesta polypropylene products have antistatic additives, they are very easy to clean making it hygienic and safe. It does not hold bacteria or fungi like other substances and can be easily disinfected and wiped.
All Siesta polypropylene products can be recycled and are marked with the recycling symbol.
Comparing Polypropylene Chairs:
Are other polypropylene products the same as Siesta’s? – Short Answer: No. It is important to understand when comparing products that other manufacturers…
- use cheap moulds from Asia – this results in low quality and poor finished products.
- only UV Stabilise the colour, not the material as well – this results in changes to the surface and a much faster colour fade.
- use a much smaller amount of Glass Fibre – this results in breakages overtime during use.
There are many cheaper methods and versions of a filler which gives a false sense of weight and durability while new. If you want your chairs to look like new and maintain their durability for many years, invest only in Siesta made products. Siesta products last 5 to 10 times longer in any indoor or outdoor application.
Thousands of Sky Chairs have been used in the busiest commercial venues throughout Europe and Australia. It is made in Europe from the high-quality materials to very exacting standards. It is CATAS tested and it’s enduring popularity is a testimony to it’s quality and durability. You will not be disappointed with this chair, and we’ve got it covered with a 5 year warranty for your peace of mind.
- 5 year structural warranty
- Dimensions: 540W x 600D x 810H x 450 Seat Height
- Made in Europe
- Stocked in: Black, Anthracite, Red, White, Mango & Taupe
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- SWL: 150 kg
- The Sky Chair chair is produced with polypropylene reinforced with glass fiber obtained by means of the latest generation of air moulding technology
- Unit Weight: 5kg
- Weather resistant, UV Stabilised – Will not fade under direct sunlight. Furnlink warrant excessive fading in a given period, refer to product warranties.
- Supplied unassembled – Assembly required
- Not stackable